Monday, May 9, 2011

What They Don't Teach You in College: "How to set-up a HR Dept?"

Between 1994 and 2001, if any headhunters or hiring managers were to ask me what was my HR expertise - I would mentioned that I am strong in (i) setting up a HR Dept and re-structure the HR Dept; and (ii) industrial relations (e.g., discipline handling, domestic inquiry, etc.).

During these period, I set-up and / or re-structure four (4) HR Dept belong to 3 organization. I have to admitted that during the time HR Dept were managed in a more decentralized manner. Over the years, I started to develop my own HR tools to help me stay focus in setting-up a HR Dept from "ground zero". Please refer to Exhibit 1 for the "Checklist"

Exhibit 1: Check List for HR Dept Start-Up, by Eleutherius Liew (May 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment