Thursday, April 21, 2011

Strategic Human Resource Planning Skills

Today - I was flipping tru my old HR training material and came across a model / framework (dated October 1996) entitled "Strategic HR Planning Skills" ... compare today (21 April 2011) - you will find that the current popular "jargon"  adopted by HR Strategist are missing: -
  • Rewards management
  • Talent management / High Potential (HiPo)
  • International assignment / Expat program
  • Retention scheme / bonus
  • Long term incentive program (LTIP)
  • Employee engagement
  • Performance Matrix / Balanced Score Card (BSC) / Goal Agreement
But please don't think that the above strategies were not implemented by HR professional during the 1990's - we only call / labeled under different names. But I do have to admit that the level of focus and intensity were different.

 After review the model - I personally think the model is still applicable but modification is required and you may need to insert current HR practices / strategies into the correct boxes shown below.


 Exhibit 1: Strategic HR Planning Skills
[source: O D Management Consultants Sdn Bhd - 1996]

11 comments:

  1. Hi Liew, I also have blog! for art and comics.

    http://sketchy-lines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodhpuri Suit
    "This posting is marvelous and what a fantastic research that you have done. It has helped me a lot. Thank you very much. Feel free to visit my buy portfolio lighting site."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the brilliant tutorial. I never thought I’d be able to set up Ubuntu, but it happened. I’m quite proud of myself, and grateful to you lol.Thanks you really helped me out! I even got it working!
    partywear lehenga saree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more
    KPI for HR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure modification is needed but I also believe you when you say that a lot is still relevant. At the end of the day, HR deals with people, that will always be a constant.

    Gena F | Vantaggio HR

    ReplyDelete
  6. HR strategies set out what the organization intends to do about its human resource management policies and practices, and how they should be integrated with the business strategy and each other.
    Human Resource Consultant in Hosur

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing nice information about competency mapping.
    Competency Mapping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing an amazing blog. I have come across an excellent strategic Human Resource

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the article ! The information I get from this blog is very helpful . Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the article ! The information I get about HR strategic plan ,from this blog is very helpful . Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete